FUN FACTS: July 8, 2014
1. the Preece reunion is my favorite thing on the earth. i'm so glad i NEVER have to suffer through not being at one of those again! SHEEZE!
2. the Arabic elders in our mission had their first baptism!! they've been building it up for A YEAR. A YEAR people.
3. drove past a kid texting while riding his horse on the side of the road. NO PHONE ZONE BRO!!!
4. a member in our stake had a prompting to pull over and talk to a girl on the side of the road. she did and turns out the girl had just wrote a goodbye note to her parents and was walking to where she was going to go commit suicide. the member stopped the whole thing. WOW.
5. rang a door bell this week and the "chime" was The National Anthem. good thing we were already standing.
6. #grumpycat. will someone PLEASE send me some grumpy cat memes!!?? BRENNAN????
7. Quote from someone - "Sorry. I had to talk to him on the phone for a bit. He's cool though. He's in a warewolf band."
8. finally talked to that guy that i thought i had a class with at BYU. yeah, he was totally in my class.
9. gave a giant hug to my favorite friend right before church and got her makeup ALL over my white sleeve. the whole ward took this as an opportunity to say "SOMEBODY GOT YA!!!!" like 87 billion times hahaha
FUN FACTS ABOUT THE SCHMITTS: (new Mission President)
1. they have 4 kids from 6-15 years old. they are all super social and smart. not surprised!
2. they recorded opening their call and they all danced around going "BOOYAH!!!! BOOYAH!!!!!!!" it was so funny to watch
3. they have just a touch of an accent :) but one of the boys said "i was going to say 'hey yall', but that's too texan."
4. the Schmitts are in their early 40s. we did the math.
5. the Schmitt kids favorite thing is that the mission home has cable and "we never had cable back home because our parents hate everything about cable."
6. Elder Bednar set them apart
7. when they got called they were told they were going to preside over a "spanish speaking mission" they thought they were going foreign for sure
8. President Schmitt was a bishop and then a stake president for like 8 years. he knows his stuff.
9. he ran like 2 marathons earlier this year
10. we invited him and his boys to come play basketball with us today and they are coming!! haha! since he has a family his Pday is on saturday, so he gets to have fun with us on tuesdays!
so basically the Schmitts have brought some amazing energy to the mission! i love them to death already. like seriously. at MLC he kept it SUPER real with us (you know i appreciate that) and asked what the mission is good at and what need to improve. we set some great goals. he has kept all the rules we had in the past, so not much has changed in that regard. i can tell he is going to be VERY influential here because he will come to our level and play BB with us, but still demands dedication and enthusiasm. he keeps saying "you talk TO a dog. you talk WITH people." another favorite... "of all the people on the earth we should be smiling the most! get a bigger smile on!!!"
well i'm just doing jolly over here in SD. it's hot, but man, i don't even care that i sweat now. LET IT POUR BABY! the sun comes out everyday all day. the nights are cool and crisp. palm trees are still stunning. my bed is my worldly treasure. i love my companion. my mission president and his family are wonderful. i love my family back home (so much that i can't even think about them). it's july! i got to send home like 6 billion pictures this week. the Quiggles have doritos waiting for us at home. we get to play BB today! the Van Alfens come back from Utah this week! seriously... life is gooooood. double good. :) like a double double with onions, fries, and a chocolate shake. #innoutburger
loves and stuff :)
FUN FACTS: July 1, 2014
1. I got highlights last pday!! i was SOOO sick of my hair. i was going to shave it off. but instead i got some highlights. ohhhhh yeah....
2. we played missionary mafia for pday last week. SO FUN! i forgot how much i love mafia. and guess what... my companion and i were the "murderers" and we TOTALLY won like a bunch of bosses.
3. a lady TOTALLY paid for our groceries last week!!! interesting to note that i only had like 10 bucks left on my missionary card and Heavenly Father took care of me!
4. one night at like 8:50 PM we were in our car with the windows rolled down in our driveway making some phone calls and all the sudden "BAM!!!!" yeah. a dog got hit by a car like 15 feet away from us.... it died....... ohhhhh man it was terrible.....
5. after such a horrific moment as that night i decided to wake up the next morning saying "i love my life i love my life i love my life" it made me feel good :)
6. the Quiggles got their fire pit going and we had smores the other night :) yeahhhh boy
7. we had to call President Schmitt yesterday for permission to do something and it was SO crazy!!! after we hung up we both started jumping up and down and screaming! haha we meet him tomorrow!!!!
8. for the 4th of july we can only let freedom ring until 7:00 PM and then we have to come inside. I remember last 4th of july.... that was bad. man i missed you guys SO much and EVERYONE in pacific beach was partying for the whole week!
9. whenever i tell people i started my mission in Pacific beach they say "ohhhhh man. i'm sorry." PARTY CAPITAL OF SAN DIEGO.
10. you know how i don't like dogs? like at all??? well this week i ate my words. i fell in love with a dog. LOVE, TRUE LOVE. like seriously i would buy her if i could. her name is Mandy and i love her :)
11. there is a girl in our ward named Hollah. like seriously. so whenever i say "HOLLAH!!!!" when i'm excited she thinks i'm calling her name :) hehe
12. i drank 3 liters of water everyday this week. yesh.
so i got a blessing yesterday and in it it said "i bless you that you will be able to think rationally and slowly." VERY good word choice there. very good.
i love you!!!!!