Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"someone could have mentioned that i needed to bring a towel......"

      Sis. Barfuss and her companion Sis. Talatoka from Kiribati

                                                      
                                          This is Sis. Barfuss' last email!  


She will return on Oct. 28th and we'll meet her at the SLC airport at 1pm. 
She will speak on Nov. 9th @ 8:30 AM at the Fairway Bldg.(2000 S. Fairway) 
You're ALL invited to hear her speak! Please come to the house for nourishment after if you are traveling - we 'd love to feed you.

Part of our last email to Sis. Marysa
The experience of being a parent to a missionary could not have been more exciting, more enlightening and I really don’t think I’ll ever learn more or consider more in an 18 month period again.  All of these things are because of you and the way you have totally embraced this experience, kept it real and worked with the energy of the Energizer Bunny. 
Thank You!
We Love You
 We Are So Proud Of You
We Look forward to supporting you through the next steps of your life!

Mom and Dad
                                       --------------------------------------------------------------


BAHHHHHHHH this is weird. i feel weird. this is weird. WELL i'll just email you like normal :)

FUN FACTS:                                                            10-21-14

1. i declare no signs are allowed at the airport. no signs. no balloons. no foofoo. i just want someone to record it so i can bawl every time i watch it for the rest of my life :) 
2. i got the packy (package) from moomoo and katelyn!! i was so happy. a new shirt! the game day shirt! food! a fake hand! i love you two!
3. moo told me about how another person called her marysa... i think it's funny because "marysa" doesn't even exist. only sister barfuss and emily.... hahaha!
4. i hit 18 months this week. that was weird. 
5. i TOTALLY wore the same outfit two days in a row this week HAHA! no one even noticed (probably)
6. can i have a dentist appointment ASAP? thank you. 
7. this week we have had PERFECT weather. like PERFECT. 75 all day everyday. why am i leaving san diego again???
8. kaitlyn's baptism was LOVELY!!! the best part was when she came out and said "someone could have mentioned that i needed to bring a towel......" hahhahaa love her!
9. sang in the Mission President's fireside and it was SO fun! i love singing. I LOVE SINGING. the best part is that a recent convert from Iraq bore his testimony in Arabic. THAT was something i will never forget. 
10. speaking of that fireside... i swear on my life that Todd (her brother-in-law) was there. i looked out in to the crowd and saw him!! i was staring at him the WHOLE time thinking "how did he know i was here?? will he come up to me after??" turns out he didn't come up and talk to me... or it wasn't him   #brotherinlawstalker
11. well it's Red Ribbon Week for the schools around here and all week i've been singing "D. i won't so drugs. A. won't have an attitude. R. i will respect myself. E. i will educate me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"(D.A.R.E.) 6th grade was a good year for me.
12. this is my last fun fact ever :( SADDDDD FAAACE. happy face for having so many fun facts in the past :D

THANK YOUS:
1. to my mamas for saying "don't trip down the escalator!!!" (at the airporthahaha 
YOU ARE amazing mamas 
2. to Heavenly Father for making me wait 6 months to go on a mission because the last 6 months of my mission have been THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!
3. the San Diego Temple for existing. i LOVE that place with all my heart. 
4. to katelyn for helping me remember how we all missed Brennan getting off the plane...(ask Katelyn for the deets on that!) NO INSTANT REPLAY ON THAT ONE!!
5. to brennan for helping me remember how grateful i am that i can sit comfortably with out a donut under my bum ;) (ask Brennan for the deets on that one)
6. to moomoos who has graciously said she will babysit me on Halloween this year because I'm going to be SUPER awkward and will need a babysitter
7. to my daddys who always builds me up and helps me remember that i am his favorite middle daughter :)
8. to grandma preece who has written me faithfully and always been there to help me smile
9. to my other family members who send me fun update emails and help me feel included
10. to my friends that all got married, had children, and graduated from college while i was gone ;)
11. and then lastly... to the people i have met in San Diego that have honestly become my family. they are everything to me!

OKAY NOW I'M GOING TO CRY GOSH DANG IT... 

-My mission has been one giant expression of Heavenly Father's love for me. 
 every single day i have been blessed by an experience or a person. most of the time it was both. 
-I know He loves me :) I know He has a plan for me that will lead to REAL happiness (joy). I have had moments where i wondered if that was true, and guess what, that's normal. 
-Faith is something that has to be fed everyday. You can only coast down hill. The strait and narrow path isn't flat. 
- I'm so blessed to be in San Diego. I mean seriously. This city is paradise. 
-My mission was just one big gift to me disguised as service to others. 
-Heavenly Father loves me and so does Christ. He is my Savior. I am nothing with out Him. He understands me. He gets me. We are a dream team together. 
-I love the Book of Mormon. There have been many points in my life where my testimony has been challenged to the extreme... i found that keeping it strongly rooted in the Book of Mormon was the way to go. I know it's true. Because of that, Christ is divine.

This hymn has changed my life.
 #195
 How Great the Wisdom and the Love
  1. 1. How great the wisdom and the love
    That filled the courts on high
    And sent the Savior from above
    To suffer, bleed, and die!
  2. 2. His precious blood he freely spilt;
    His life he freely gave,
    A sinless sacrifice for guilt,
    A dying world to save.
  3. 3. By strict obedience Jesus won
    The prize with glory rife:
    "Thy will, O God, not mine be done,"
    Adorned his mortal life.
  4. 4. He marked the path and led the way,
    And ev'ry point defines
    To light and life and endless day
    Where God's full presence shines.
  5. 5. In mem'ry of the broken flesh
    We eat the broken bread
    And witness with the cup, afresh,
    Our faith in Christ, our Head.
  6. 6. How great, how glorious, how complete
    Redemption's grand design,
    Where justice, love, and mercy meet
    In harmony divine!
That is the only way to sum it up. 
I love the gospel. It's true. 
i love you. thank you for loving me :)
Sister Barfuss


No comments:

Post a Comment