- We live in a HUGE apartment complex that's not too close to campus... I think they purposely keep the missionaries away from the party.
- We did get to go to the temple! details later in the email.....
- We don't have any investigators. W are trying to contact former investigators and we've been contacting lots of less active people. Tat's what's hard about whitewashing... usually they put two new missionaries in to get things going again... it's not that fun, but I 'm used to it. I've only ever taught 3 people all the lessons... missionary work is a lot harder here than people would guess. Sometimes you just have to keep truckin
- We have Sister Training Leaders here! A bunch of my buddies were giving me garbage and thought I was going to be one this last transfer but then I went and whitewashed.... being a sister training leader is a lot of work! Thank goodness that didn't happen.... hahahaha
1. Last week we went to the temple and did 9 initiatories, a session, and saw the new movie (go Eve!!), and I got to stand in as a daughter being sealed to her parents for three different girls! That was the best day of my life. No question. I LOVE THE TEMPLE. Here's what I learned at the temple... were are here on earth to have joy! JOY!!
2. A crazy dude street contacted me at 6:45 one morning when we were exercising... he was all like "i just got out of prison and i love Jesus Christ." It was wild.
3. The "voice of American Airlines" (the lady that talks in all their commercials) is in my ward... no joke. She taught us how to have "radio voices" hahaha
4. I got to dress up and be Mary Magdalene in Primary this week. They had us come out of a "time machine" and read a part about ourselves. When i came out a little girl said "I know you! You're a full time missionary!!" hahaha
5. There was one moment when I was driving on the 94 this week and there was a Spanky's Porta Pottie truck in front of me and a hearse behind me... talk about weirdy weirds
6. There is no such thing as Christmas in Taiwan so Sister Haung has never heard Christmas music. And since I LOOOVE that kind of stuff, I busted out all my Tabernacle Choir Christmas music this week!!! OH YEAH BABY.
7. Grube from despicable me and Voldemort are both in my ward... I wish I could take pictures of them soooo bad
8. Best quote from one of the Elders in my district, "we got hugged today!! ...by a smelly old hobo woman. it was nice."
9. Best joke of the week, "there is a great advantage to being 95. there isn't much peer pressure!!" hehe
I'm going to be starting a new section of my emails called "CROSS CULTURE COMPANIONS!" in this section I am going to describe what a sister from Taiwan teaches a sister from Idaho and what a sister from Idaho teaches a sister from Taiwan.....
Taiwan teaching Idaho- if you stab your fork into your food and leave it standing straight up you are going to invite dead spirits. don't do it!! only drink warm water if you're a girl, cold water is bad.
Idaho teaching Taiwan- how to use a ready whip can (straight in to your mouth!), how to eat a Popsicle, and what Christmas is.
I'm starting to barely understand something about Dad... you know how when he comes home on Sunday for a 20 minute break and he sits on the couch and falls asleep in 4 seconds?? I've always wondered how he could do that, but now I know just a little bit how that is. Oh my lanta - we come home so exhausted everyday! I got to the point this week that when I finally got in my bed and I had my ear plugs in my hands, I was too tired to put them in. WOW. My zone leader and I were talking and he said he went to bed in his proselyting clothes this week because he was so tired. DANG.
We did service for a huge park in down town this week and the lady in charge told us it used to be where a nudist colony lived (i was the only one laughing) and then she said they want to clean it up and make it a butterfly sanctuary!! hahhahahaha i almost died. Man, that was the best combo in the world for me!! While we were cleaning it up I took a stick to the eye and I thought I was going to have to start wearing a pirate patch. IT HURT!! I'm all good now.
Last story! So this week Heavenly Father gave me best present ever! A single woman in our ward wanted help cleaning up her yard (wait for the present, that's not it!) and we said yes. So we go over and she gives me a hand held lawn mower that grandpa barfuss probably used when he was 12 and said "will you mow my lawn!?" So I did and it was terrible. Then she said "will you pull these weeds!?" and it was fine. BUT THEN! she said "will you plant me a garden!?" OH MY HECK YES SISTER LADY FRIEND!!! she gave me seeds, and shovels, and water, and gloves, and I started making mounds and planting squash. Then I made rows and planted watermelon! Oh I went to TOWN BABY! I was in the zone and I got to do the thing I love the VERY VERY MOST. Oh it was such a gift. I was literally in heaven.
i looooooove you!!! i might have sent a packy for all the girlies today :)