Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Yell "DING DONG!" (really loud)

  Map of all the places Sis. Barfuss has traveled.







 Marysa's new "Granny Flat"

FUN FACTS:                                                                       9-2-14             
1. we have this plastic black lizard that we throw into the fan at night and watch it get slammed into the wall. his name is blizzard (get it? black lizard??) kind of reminds me of when we used to put cheese on the fan as kids and let them fly off and stick to the walls :) does mom know that we did that?
2. last pday we played 3 on 3 volleyball on two courts and played tournament style. oh my lanta i was in heaven. my throat hurt the rest of the week from all my yelling. i slapped the floor a couple times too :) hehe
3. San Diego is the 8th largest city in the US
4. met an olympian this week! she threw the javelin. she pulled out a few of them for us to feel and throw. it was INTENSE. 
5. why are shower heads so low? like seriously. the average shower head height in san diego is 4'11" and uhhhhh i'm DEFINITELY taller than that. so i have to shower on my knees or do an "air chair"
6. since i go on lots of exchanges i get to try all the sisters different shampoo and conditioner. my favorite right now is Tresemme. ahhhh yeah.
7. i went on an exchange last week and the sisters lived on top of a liquor store... hahahaha
8. apparently it's Fall? i saw one leaf on the ground which indicated to me that it must be Fall. if i remember right, it usually gets colder in the Fall in other places right? hahahaha yeah, it's still 85 and 90 down here
9. i used a redish/pinkish can of suave hairspray this week and memories of mamas came FLOODING back to me instantly. it's weird how smells bring back memories!
10. this week i taught a lady that was Jewish. it was interesting. because usually people accept the God&Christ combo or they reject it all together. She totally believed in God but said that Jesus isn't the Christ and she is waiting for Christ to come again. Man, i sat there and thought and thought and then BAM!!! (hello the Book of Mormon sister barfuss!) it was cool to give her a copy of the BoM and testify to her that if she read it she would be able to see that Jesus really was/is the Christ
11. EVERY element of my testimony has been tried on my mission so far. seriously. i have had to double and triple pray/check/ponder about everything i have believed in the past and make sure i TRULY believe it. it's been a wonderful blessing to me. pretty hard too. 
12. came in the Quiggle's house on Friday and the BYU football game was on. my reaction "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thank goodness we got the heck outta there.
13. did some service at a horse polo arena again and had to shovel horse poo. the ONLY TWO that would shovel it were the two missionaries from idaho. me and elder murdoch. the one that's related to me. 5th cousins??
14. brother quiggle got me and sister landeen a present for our new apartment! it was one of those "get your hair out of the drain" sticks with sharp hooks :) hahahaha we laughed so hard. 

well check this out... the last month we have been doing those MTE things where sister landeen and i have to go out with other companionships ya know? well it's takes us out of our area a lot and sometimes that is frustrating for us. BUT! Heavenly Father always provides :) on the very last day of the very last one, when we were exhausted and destroyed, we had two members call us up and ask us to teach their girlfriends and roommates! we added 3 investigators in one day!! we usually add that many in a transfer! it was such a blessing. and it gets better... we were super tired right? but we wanted to teach right? so i went and said a prayer in the laundry room. i almost fell asleep in it.... but i said it! i have never really felt like i have called down the "powers of heaven" but i had to. i asked so sincerely to have strength to be engaged and in tune. and of course Heavenly Father helped me the rest of the day. after we planned for the next day at 9:30 PM i crashed and died in my bed and slept like a boss. it was an amazing day.

i love you.
thank you for your prayers for safety.
please continue to pray for me to F.L.A.P.(Finish Like A Pro)
 i need it really bad.
i lovesss you!!
sister barfuss



FUN FACTS!                                                                       8-25-14                                                                                                 

1. the raccoons are eating all of our cat food!
2.found out that I have 31 teeth. counting wisdom teeth.
3. last pday we were so tired we just took a nap. YEP. a nap. i'm so exhausted
4. saw the weinermobile parked in front of Petco :D yeah yeah yeah
5. one of my friends from BYU showed up to church on Sunday... it was so weird to have my past life come into my current life. my response was "are you real???" hahaha it just came out
5. an investigator in another area I was on in an exchange gave me a nickname... "pinball wizard" he said one time he watched me after a fireside and I was bouncing off the walls talking to this person and then that person and then that person. hahaha! not sure if I approve
6. found a new kind of poo pourri called "secret santa" at a member's house hahhahaha you have NO idea how much I love that
7. on our morning exercise we had 2 coyotes run away from us like 15 feet away. reminded me of grandma's house and kellie, Katelyn, sheii, and brennan's story of almost being killed by coyotes in the night ;)
8. a ten year old kid said the following to me this week "California is hot and has crappy laws. I want to move." hahaha
9. two people this week said to us "hey elders!! how are you!" #thatwilldo
10. met a guy that had some Japanese on his hat so I asked him what it meant... he said "ninja." my response... "cool!!" his response..."you probably think i'm a poser. i'm not. i'm seriously a ninja." his mom chimes in..."really though. he's a ninja."     *back away slowly*
well basically I love you peoples (especially my mamas). 
like too much.
 I have to pray to not think about you and want to be with you. 
so yeah, you're a problem for me :) 
hope you feel good about that ;)
 really though. I love you like crazy and I miss you like crazy. 
please be safe. 
please be happy.

I love you!!
sister barfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment