Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Don't Share That!

Tuesdays, Tuesdays, Tuesdays, yadahdoo! I love Tuesdays! 
Today we are going hiking as a zone, so that's going to be awesome. It's going to be WAY hot though... man, I just sweat like a beast ALL the time. Few favors I ask of you... will you send me some 5x7 or 4x6 pictures of everyone and everything? Haha! I want funny pictures that will make me laugh, older pictures of when we were kids, ones of mom and dad when they were younger and 'cool' :) Stuff like that!? I like having them in my hand because I can only look at the pictures you email me once a week for an hour... boo. So could I get some of those next time you're bored? hehe I love you!!

FUNNIES:
1. One night a few weeks ago I woke up with a super bad headache, so I went out into the living room and took some ibuprofen. Well a couple of nights later I woke up and Sister Montgomery asked me if I was feeling okay... I said yes and she told me that I had gotten up last night and taken some more ibuprofen again.... I went out to my purse and sure enough there was my little baggy of pills wide open sitting on my desk... shoot. I'm a crazy bus at night.
2. There is this song called "He knows me better" that I have been LOVING recently. I don't know who it's by or anything, but I love it! So one day another missionary had the song and the artist name and guess who sings it...? Janessa Buttars!!!! Katelyn's friend from high school!! :) I laughed and laughed and laughed! All along I totally knew who it was! She is so cool!
3. We went to our car on Friday morning and we had a ticket for 56 bucks! WHAT!? Turns out that there was street sweeping there from 3AM-6AM so we got a ticket. SO silly right!? Like they even swept the streets anyway. I paid for the ticket and my companions were so mad. They've been trying to pay me back... it's turned into a fun game :)
4. Since it's the last week of the transfer again I'm the designated driver and I am ashamed to say that I honked at someone for the first time in my life yesterday... the light was green... we wanted to turn left... they were just chillin there.... I was ready to get the show on the road....... California baby :) California
5. This morning we had a little bit of an awkward "tif." Hahaha! So we did all our laundry together and we were sorting it all out on Sister Strasser's bed. Well once we all had folded what we thought was ours, Sister Strasser noticed that she was missing a pair of underwear. So Sister Montgomery just grabbed one of hers and gave it to Sister Strasser. This was completely okay with me and I went on with my morning. I noticed that Sister Strasser was still counting and looking super close at everyone's underwear trying to find hers... Eventually the following was said "Why do you even care? Just have this one." Well turns out that Sister Montgomery and her twin ALWAYS shared underwear and then I ALWAYS shared with Emily... so to us it's not gross or weird. But Sister Strasser was not having any of that :) She said "I have six brothers!! I don't SHARE underwear!" Hahaha she never found the ones she was looking for.......

HIGHLIGHT REAL...
1. Cameron has the priesthood now! :)
2. Nancy is having us over for "a night to never forget." We are having dinner, having a lesson, watching a video about Brigham Young, and then watching the fireworks from Sea World from the bay right where they live :) i'm PUMPED!
3. Turns out that my whole district loves Brian Regan, so we quote him all the time and we just get rolling! Hahaha! Nothing is better than a little Brian Regan!
4. The black shows you bought me mom, the ones that were 'hush puppies' or something... are amazing. I've decided that I like them more than my tennis shoes! ps- i think i'm going to get some new ones soon... i wore a hole in the ones i have now.
5. We went to an old folks home yesterday and visited some of the old members that lived there.They are less-active, but it's really just because they are sick. We sang to them and tried to leave a message... but they couldn't really hear us :) but that's okay. It reminded me of Grandma and Grandpa Barfuss... They would be SO happy if missionaries came by for just  a minute or two!

the pictures...
-us in the car. i rock the back seat most of the time.
-us in an elevator with a mirror on the ceiling... trippy
- this is the kind of service we do... cleaning up yards next to SUPER nasty green pools

i love you! :) 
-Sister Barfuss





No comments:

Post a Comment