Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Edamame is a vegetable!!!!!!

this is  "Sal" we teach him in the mornings for practice :) haha

 a little taste of california :)
Edamame is a vegetable :) they are a kind of a bean! They are SO good!


I got a packy from Katelyn!!!!!!! It was so stinkin awesome! She hooked me up! I got candies and hand sanitizer and Popsicles and quotes and tissues and candies.  HOLLAHHHHH!! :D She knows where my heart lies :) That was really nice of her! And everything was YELLOW!
Super cool to hear about your experience with writing the  Christmas program... I LOVE those moments when you really feel like revelation is running through you! When Heavenly Father just gives you the words to speak. That has happened more now on my mission and it is a experience to treasure. Thank you also for your quote about satan and his tricks...( Pres. Uchtdorf - Priesthood Session - Oct 2013 Satan’s purpose is to tempt us to exchange the priceless pearls of true happiness and eternal values for a fake plastic trinket that is merely an illusion and counterfeit of happiness and joy." can't believe how filthy and terrible the world is.  Every once in a while we are in a situation where we are by a TV for a second or we hear music and I am just astounded by the crud in it. I really don't know how any of that is acceptable.
One thing I'm learning is that there is SO much more going on than I think there is... in every aspect of everything. Heavenly Father is involved in EVERYTHING! There is so much more depth to the gospel, if I will just let myself go deeper. There is always more to be had when it comes to our conversion.There is always more to be had. I want to go to the temple so bad right now... December 10th is the day!!
So here is the craziness of the week! I hit 6 months!! WHAT!? And then we had  transfers and our zone got split! We were the biggest zone in the mission, so they split us Spanish and English. With that came a lot of whitewashing and guess who ended up back in the same zone with me as our new zone leader!? Anyone remember Elder Weidner? Hahaha I almost died. Here I thought I was leaving all of my friends when I got transferred here but secretly they were going to follow me!! So pretty much the Sweetwater English Zone is going to be sick. Once again, Sister Bodine and I are the only full proselyting sisters... crazzzy.

 And just as a fun fact for the world... I thought in my mind of all of my new friends that I've met in Spring Valley and 90% of them are between the ages of 65-98! That's what I'm talking about :) We have a list of 16 widows we keep tabs on, it's been really good for me to learn about enjoying every minute of life.
I love YOU!!
Sister Barfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment