Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The poo pourri is the most amazing thing on the planet!

First of all, I absolutely loved loved loved talking to you guys! Seriously, it was so refreshing to hear voices and to laugh with you. I miss laughing with you. I was so pleased with every minute of that phone call... cloud nine may be a good way to describe it!

 You know how I told you that I was going to go have an egg mcmuffin with everyone in the house after I got done talking to you? Well I did, and one of the oldies in the house said, "Sister Barfuss you looked like a CEO out there pacing back and forth!!" Haha! I forgot that when I'm on the phone for a while I always have to walk around. I'm not very good at holding still now and days :) haha Oh guess what!? The guy I'm talking about (the old fogey) is the famous Covey's brother in law! Remember how I went to Steven R Covey's house with Meg and Nate one time? Haha! #smallworld
The poo pourri is the most amazing thing on the planet! I'm not even joking right now! It works so well!! I am still shocked every single time! You all need to buy some and give it a whirl. It will change your life! How much did you pay for that!? Hahaha! Katelyn you are so stinkin funny :) you know me too well!
Fun fact time!
1. This week I ate chicken gizzards with a Brazilian family. I didn't know they were gizzards until after the meal :) haha
2.  In the past month I have had ham, corn, and potatoes 11 times. All at different houses.
3. I got the hiccups for the first time on my mission. "Have you ever *hiccup* heard of Joseph *hiccup* Smith?"
4. I for realsies almost hit a dog, a skunk, and a peacock this week. I am not even kidding in the slightest.
5. This Sunday I gave the opening prayer in Sacrament meeting and then taught gospel principles.
6. Sister Bauro and I went to a "Kiribati Party" the day after Christmas! There were 6 Kiribatians there and 1 white girl. It was awesome. I understood nothing.
7. Sister Bauro's dad is out of the hospital and doing great! 
So the other day Sister Bauro and I put on some service clothes and I looked at her shirt and I said "Is that a beer shirt?" because there was some foreign word on it and then something that looked like beer to me. She told me that it was Fijian word and that it was a lemonade drink, not beer. So I moved on. Well later that day we were with the Martin's and Sister Martin said, "Is that a beer shirt!!??" Sister Martin typed the word into good translate and BOOM!! it was an Irish word that meant "cheers!" And yes, there was beer on her shirt! The Martins and I laughed and laughed and laughed. They bought her a new Tshirt and hopefully she threw the other one away. 
Okay here is some bad but good news... Grandpa Ted fell again and hit his head really hard. They took him to the hospital and they ended up finding that he has cancer all over his colon. He came home two nights ago and he has stopped eating and rarely goes to the bathroom. They said he only has maximum 6 weeks. So we went over and talked with him and took some last pictures together :/ it was sad. They haven't told Grandpa that he only has that long yet, but that's coming soon. Prayers for Grandpa Ted. Missions really take your heart out and stomp on it and wring it out. The up side to all of this is that we taught Grandpa Ted the plan of salvation about two months ago and he was baptized on Thanksgiving! So he is prepared to continue his journey to eternal life. What a blessing to have the knowledge he does! Here is my favorite memory of him that I'll never forget! Every time we came over he would be sitting in his chair watching TV... I would ask him "How are you feeling grandpa!?" he would always say "Awful..... awful good!!" And he would laugh every single time!  :) Haha! I love him.
Alrighty! The new year is upon us and I wish I had some super cool inspiring thing to say right now, but I think my cousin (Tanner) that's on a mission summed it up pretty well in his email. "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now." :) Don't you love that!? I did! I'll let you know what my goals for 2014 are in my email next week, I'm still working on them a little
. PLEASE tell me what yours are! 
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :) 
 thank you. love you.
i love you so much. so so much.
sister barfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment